There is an old saying, “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” Another quote says that “a healthy mind resides in a healthy body”. Isn’t that what is missing these days – A Healthy Living!
Is it very difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle? Are we forgetting our duties towards our health and body while doing the daily tasks? The answer to first question is NO while answer to another question is a YES! We all have made ourselves so busy that we have become unfaithful for our health. This is the reason why more and more people are getting sick every day. The standards of living might be improving, but the figures of illnesses are increasing.
Leading a healthy lifestyle is the answer to all questions. Listed here are some advice for healthy living.
- Eat Right: There is an old saying; “If we eat to live, there’s no problem; but if we live to eat then that’s when the problem starts”. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel your best. Eating less and eating much, both are harmful. So, make a healthy routine and opt right eating habits. People with unusual work schedules (night shifts, college students, military) should try to adhere to a breakfast, lunch, and dinner routine with minimal snacking.
- Meditation & Exercising: Meditation and exercising are the roots to live a healthy and relaxed life. If you want to move stress out of your life then opt meditation and keep your body fit and fine with exercising routines.
- Sleep Right: If you are not taking a sound sleep, you are actually harming your body. Plus, sleeping in right postures is also very necessary so that you don’t get the body aches when you get up.
- Quit Smoking and Alcohol: Just say a big NO to smoking and alcohol. These are nothing but monsters of unhealthy lifestyle. People who think that having a glass of alcohol or a smoke can remove daily stress, are absolutely wrong. They do nothing other than spoiling your health and leading to dangerous diseases like cancer and tuberculosis. So just quit them now!
- Hydrate Yourself: Keep yourself hydrated all day long. One should have at least 8 glasses of water every day. You can also hydrate yourself with any kind of healthy liquid like glucose, fruit drinks, juices, soups and health drinks. Choice is yours!
- Maintain Cleanliness: Cleanliness is next to Godliness! Don’t forget that your surroundings in which you live describe your personality, so always try to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Stay organized so that there is less wastage of time in finding things.
- Follow a Daily Routine: Routine is necessary. Make a list of necessary things to be done on daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Following a routine will remove many complexities from your life, leading you towards healthy living. Try it!
- Smile: Don’t forget your biggest weapon – Smile. This one gesture of yours will help you say good bye to lots of tensions and worries in few seconds. Just take a deep breath and smile when you feel over-stressed and see what magic happens!