Why Online Medical Courses are being used by People to Prepare for Medical Careers?
Medical professionals are needed to provide a variety of services in all areas of administration and healthcare. Whether you are beginning your college career or want to continue your education, going for a good online healthcare program can help you earn the money you need to lead a comfortable life.
Due to a large variety of jobs available in the healthcare sector, there are a few educational paths that will lead to your career. Fresher can choose to pursue a certificate, associate’s degree in health and medical services apart from their college studies that can be a fast-ticket to immediate employment. And, those who are looking to continue education after bachelor’s or master’s, choosing from various online medical courses offered by various universities can get them advancement in their career and increase in salary potential.
Here are the medical careers that are growing fastest:
- Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians
- Dental Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Nursing Aides
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Surgical Technologists
How You Can Get Started with a Healthcare Career?
If you didn’t take a lot of science courses in high school or college, don’t be discouraged. You can be accepted into many training programs at colleges, universities and for-profit medical training schools if you have a good understanding of basic medical concepts. And you can easily and quickly gain the knowledge you need through online study. You can:
- Take physiology & an anatomy course online and a medical terminology course: The knowledge you gain will equip you to train for all fast-growing medical professions listed above.
- Take a biology course online: Knowing how cells and organisms function will give you the grounding to succeed in many medical professions, including medical billing and coding and laboratory work.
- Take an online college chemistry course: The knowledge you will gain can prepare you for study to be a laboratory technician or a pharmacy technician.
- Take a college psychology course online: There is no better way to learn the people skills you need to be a medical assistant, a dental assistant or a nurse’s aide.
Check out some facts you would love to know about Healthcare Industry.
1. “The health care and social assistance sector is projected to gain the most jobs (5.6 million), followed by professional and business services (3.8 million), and construction (1.8 million). Despite rapid growth in the construction sector, employment in 2020 is not expected to reach its pre-recessionary annual average peak of 7.7 million in 2006.”
2. “Of the 22 major occupational groups, employment in healthcare support occupations is expected to grow most rapidly (34.5 percent), followed by personal care and services occupations (26.8 percent), and healthcare practitioners and technical occupations (25.9 percent). However, the office and administrative support occupations group, with projected slower than average growth of 10.3 percent, is expected to add the largest number of new jobs (2.3 million).”
3. “The four detailed occupations expected to add the most employment are registered nurses (712,000), retail salespersons (707,000), home health aides (706,000), and personal care aides (607,000). All have large employment in 2010 and are expected to grow faster than the average of 14.3 percent.”
4. “About 5.0 million new jobs—25 percent of all new jobs—are expected in the three detailed industries projected to add the most jobs: construction, retail trade, and offices of health practitioners. Seven of the 20 industries gaining the most jobs are in the health care and social assistance sector, and five are in the professional and business services sector.”
(Source for statistics: The EMPLOYMENT PROJECTIONS – 2010-20, published by the U.S. Government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. For reference, visit http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ecopro.pdf). You can check out more trends on the healthcare industry and medical industry attitude at this recruitment blog.
So the opportunity is clear… Healthcare job opportunities are booming and the most efficient way to start training is to take online medical courses. If you are interested in a brighter future for yourself and your family, studying online could be one of the smartest decisions you can make.